We Recommend The Sennheiser PC 363D Gaming Headset For
If you have the money and do not mind spending so much on an accessory, you should close your eyes and get the Sennheiser PC 363D. Loads of gaming accessory makers try accommodating versatility into their products but fail miserably. Here’s a music industry giant trying to cater to the gaming community and succeeding. This is because they stick to what they know best – sound quality. The microphone, the drivers and overall surround sound technology are all what you expect Sennheiser to be. This headphone is an absolute treat, be it gaming, music, production, movies or dictation. There really is nothing that this headset does just average.
- Sennheiser's "Eargonomic Acoustic Refinement" technology delivers ultimate sonic accuracy and clarity by channeling signals directly into your ears
- 7.1 channel surround powered by Dolby technologies lets you accurately pinpoint the slightest sounds from all directions
- Full size, open back ear cups fitted with ultra-comfortable velour ear pads are ideal for long gaming sessions
Sennheiser PC 363D Introduction
Just hearing isn’t the same as living through the action. That’s what Sennheiser promises with the PC 363D high performance gaming headset. With 7.1 Dolby surround sound experience, directionality and realism are no longer things to be enjoyed with a large array of speakers strategically setup. This headphone improves the experience not just with its superior surround sound quality but also with innovative design that focuses on long duration comfort. Get the gaming edge and competitive advantage over fellow gamers with the 363D and its XXL velvet ear pads today.
The Sennheiser PC 363D gaming headset uses a professional grade mic with noise cancellation feature and an auto mute feature that silences the mic when the boom arm is raised. Together with the use of professional soundscape, you get perfect immersion in game audio while the voices of other gamers and your own come from somewhere in the back, always maintaining a level of separation. This headphone comes with its own USB sound card that features Dolby controls. Best part about getting a Sennheiser product is the all-inclusive 2-year warranty.
Sennheiser PC 363D Design
Absolutely no complaints with respect to the design. It isn’t those brash hippy designs but it is not a boring looking piece of hardware either. Sennheiser are music masters and the preferred brand among producers, musicians and audiophiles worldwide but they weren’t ever known for their gaming headsets until they got the PC range out. Because the focus with the PC 363D is towards gaming, it needed to be way more comfortable than all of its other headphones in the past. Unlike musicians and producers, gamers tend to eat, sleep and wake in their headsets. Comfort was paramount in the design of the 363D and that’s why it does not have the catchy styling seen on Razer, HyperX and the others. However, one look at this headset and you start trusting that it will be comfortable on your head.
The cushioned headrest plus the velvet pads with an open back together with the lightweight nature make the headphone just right around the ears and the head. I did not feel any pressure on the sides neither did I feel constricted around the ears. This probably is because of the hollow back which allows air to lightly breeze through along with any ambient sounds – which is a nice thing as you aren’t totally cut off from the real world when gaming. The microphone too has a decent reach and with an automatic mute feature when in the up position, you needn’t worry about turning the mic off.
Sennheiser PC 363D Specifications
Sennheiser is a name that needs no introduction in the specifications department. While you would look at the specs for any other brand, when Sennheiser makes its headphones, you are only interested in how it sounds because regardless of the frequency response, matching impedance or surround technology – it will always sound amazing. With the PC 363D however, the sound quality is matched by an impressive list of specifications. To start with this gaming headset has the specs close to professional music grade headphones. Frequency response ranges from 15Hz to 28,000Hz with noise cancellation and open acoustics. However, the 363D packs in 5.1/7.1 Dolby Digital surround sound processing thanks to the included USB sound card adapter. This also introduces the E.A.R. sound clarity technology that helps with separating each layer spatially.
Yes, the PC 363D is above all a gaming headset and its performance says just as much however, its specifications are that of an audiophile headset and it shows when listening to music or watching movies.
Sennheiser PC 363D Performance and Feel
For long Sennheiser has maintained an unparalleled reach in the music industry as a preferred headphone maker. And if we never would have got the Sennheiser PC 363D I would have continued to believe that they are a brand only worthy of music. My views have since changed and now I regard them as a brand worthy of all headphone accolades. The feel of these cans around your head is one of comfort and supreme ease. The very first time I put them on, I felt instant gratification. The plush cushioning all around instantly starts feeling comfortable unlike some Razer and other brands that I have tried in the past. Moreover, the massive ear pads are just awesome. Velvet and padded, they sit around your ears without any pressure on your head. This together with the open acoustics helps air the ears a bit and does not put any kind of virtual pressure on your head whether you listen to music or game with them.
Let’s quickly venture into performance. First off, listening to music and movies is amazing with these cans. The spatial orientation and the surround effects are splendid. This headphone has a massive sound stage and really does bring out the distinction between beats using three dimensions. However, it is a gaming headset and that’s what I was supposed to review so here goes. If a pin fell in a game, you would hear it and “pinpoint” the exact location of impact on the ground! It is that precise with its acoustics and directional sound. For those who can use the USB sound card plus USB 2.1 connector of the headphone (PC gamers and PlayStation 4) you are in for a treat. No other headphone can ever come close to the feeling of gaming on these babies.
As for the microphone, it is precise to the point where it will catch every single syllable of your speech. Just position it underneath your mouth, closer to the chin. It manages to extract only your voice and removes any ambient noise. This is evident if you use a dictation software as the number of mistakes because of ambient disturbance goes down drastically with the Sennheiser PC 363D. As for gaming, your fellow gamers will applaud you for getting this headset. You will be the cleanest voice among the lot, hands down.
Sennheiser PC 363D Pros
- No configuration necessary straight out of the box. In fact, the performance, quality and design of these headsets is designed to work in any kind of situation from gaming to music and movies.
- The cushioning on the headset is plush and really does help increase the comfort levels.
- Ear pads are spacious and massive so they rest comfortably against your head, encompassing your ears entirely. Nice especially when you game a lot, or in my case review a lot of headsets!
- Weight is not a concern either because it is less than 300 grams and that’s something since it is massive.
- The microphone is precise and clear. A little tinkering with the correct positioning for you, and your voice will be clear even when you whisper or grunt. Beware though, your friends might just catch an expletive or two that you whisper towards them.
- The option to use the USB sound card for proper surround sound effect or to rely on your system’s sound card is nice. Those who do not have an expensive sound card inside their system can just rely on the one Sennheiser offers, it is awesome though only designed to work with the PC 363D and no other Dolby headset.
- Because of open acoustics, you can hear some of the ambient noises like doorbells, your phone ringing and the sorts.
Sennheiser PC 363D Cons
- Frankly speaking there is only one negative according to me and it is the price. When we got this for our review it cost us about $200, which is what you would pay for a decent graphics card. That is a lot of money but the good news is that it is worth spending that amount though you will be ruined for life once you experience the PC 363D.
Sennheiser PC 363D Conclusion
It isn’t always that we harp on about an expensive piece of accessory. Hardware and even software, the price really does reflect what you get but with accessories, it is more of a personal preference. In the case of the Sennheiser PC 363D, everyone in our team fell in love with it at first try. There was not a single complaint against this, well up until the point they realized how much a PC 363D costs. Nevertheless, couple of our team members have promised getting one of these soon for their own gaming consoles. That probably sums up just how good these headsets are. Best part about these gaming headsets is that they don’t just do great with gaming but with music and movies.