Exerpeutic TF900 Treadmill Introduction
The Exerpeutic TF900 Walking Electric Treadmill as its name suggests, provides you with a minimal-impact, ergonomic platform for light as well as brisk walking. With varying speeds of 0.4 to 4 MPH and a decent deck surface area of 36” x 16”, you can enjoy the benefit of a comfortable, yet fruitful workout regime without needing to step out on the hard sidewalk or bear the harsh weather conditions outside.
Exerpeutic being known for its impressive range of budget-friendly, home fitness equipment, brings you a convenient treadmill with space-saving, foldable design and wheels for easy transport. Weighing in at only 150 pounds, this is definitely amongst the lightest, branded treadmills available in the market, and yet it comes with a frame warranty of 1 year and motor warranty of 5 years.
Home workouts especially for the elderly entail safety and ergonomics as a top priority, and the Exerpeutic TF900 certainly bodes well to both. Getting on and off the treadmill safely is facilitated with the help of elongated, padded and slip-free grip bars.
The safety key ensures auto switch off in case of accidental falling and also prevents accidental switching on by children or pets. Lastly, the ergonomically-placed controls buttons and bright LCD Console Display add the cherry to the cake, for enabling a holistic, stress-free workout experience.
- In-home treadmill designed for fitness walking, 4 MPH maximum speed
- 1.5 HP motor for reliable performance; ground-level walking surface and wide side rails
- LCD displays time, distance, calories burned and speed for easy reference. Quiet High Torque Motor to ensure smoothness and durability
Exerpeutic TF900 Treadmill Review
There is always a stark difference between treadmills that are meant for walkers alone, and those that accommodate the needs of all kinds of workouts. With the Exerpeutic TF900 Walking Electric Treadmill, the economy fitness brand makes it clear at the very outset- this is a treadmills is meant to address a specific set of requirements. So I would ideally want to begin with how easy it is to un-box and assemble this Exerpeutic Treadmill all on your own, just with the help of an instruction manual.
Since this beauty weighs only 150 pounds and even have wheels, even novices wouldn’t have the slightest issues with assemblage. So I would advise you not to spend that extra 60 odd bucks on ‘expert assembly’.
Now, as far as the workout experience is concerned, I would want to warn you beforehand that if you are taller than 6 feet or weigh over 250 pounds, you might not want to opt for this treadmill. For starters, its construction is not as extra-tough or durable as its higher-priced counterparts.
Furthermore, my first-person experience with a friend who weighed more than that and got on to this treadmill, was not very positive. There was a definite whirring noise from the 1.5 HP motor, which was not a good sign. Even the maximum stride length is just 36 inches, so all you long-legged people, please specifically check out the different models we have recommended with long strides, from brands like ProForm, Nordictrack, Weslo, Horizon and Sole.
Now moving over to the positive aspects of my review and experience (and might I add, there are many). The Exerpeutic TF900 Walking Electric Treadmill has an extremely well-padded workout platform. Mark my words, not many treadmills in this price range offer such kind of cushioning.
Moreover, I found it extremely easy to step on and step off the platform with the aid of the oversized arms. So in terms of safety and comfort, I would give a full five to this treadmill. Again, when it comes to operating the various controls, I simply love the fact that this fitness marvel is designed to be so very sleek and compact.
Whether it is the fully open dimensions of 47” x 29” x 51”, or the folded dimensions of 35” x 29” x 61”, you delightfully end up saving so much space. I’ve owned a number of bulky home treadmills in the past which required 3 people just to budge a few inches in to a corner for cleaning! This one offers sheer relief for home owners for sure.
Moving over to the controls aspect, the only con I could find was that there is no incline control at all. Now at this price, you cannot expect automatic incline variation, but manual incline option would have been nice to bring in certain variations to the workout. Because after a certain point of time and constant use, users start to feel their walks (no matter how fast) are getting somewhat monotonous.
Anyways, the speed control is quite smooth and there are no hassles slowly altering the speed even while you are still walking. Last but not the least, this Exerpeutic TF900 Walking Electric Treadmill needs to be applauded for its basic, yet properly legible console that displays all the necessary metrics like speed, time, calories, distance etc.
Exerpeutic TF900 Treadmill Pros
- Innovative Space-Saver Design that folds up the treadmill to mere dimensions of 35” x 29” x 61” for hassle-free storage after use
- Compact structure (47” x 29” x 51”) even when operational and lightweight (weighed at just 110 lb) with in-built wheels for enhanced portability inside your home
- Highly cost-effective pricing also includes reasonably good warranty (1 year for frame and 5 years for motor)
- Convenient for both light and brisk walkers for regular, minimal-impact workouts in conducive home environment
- Simple, user-friendly and accessible control buttons in both handlebars, elongated for enhanced safety
- Accurate Tracking of Speed, Time, Distance Covered, Speed and Calories Burnt for effective workouts
Exerpeutic TF900 Treadmill Cons
- Maximum Speed limited to 4 MPH, which makes this treadmill suitable only for walkers and not runners, joggers or athletes
- Although maximum user weight of 350 pounds has been specified, treadmill itself weighs only 110 pounds and therefore starts creaking under pressure for any user who weighs above 300 pounds
- No incline changing options (manual or automatic) whatsoever
- Strictly a ‘economy treadmill’ for home-use only, with very basic features, budget-construction and not for very tall or heavy users
Exerpeutic TF900 Treadmill Best Features
- Automatic Speed Control – Walking Speeds range from 0.4 to 4 MPH with easy-to-reach, single control button on right handle bar
- Padded Walking Surface – Reasonably good platform of 36” x 16” with excellent cushioning for ensuring least strain on back and joints (as opposed to the high impact of walking on concrete surfaces)
- Backlit LCD Display – Easy viewing of workout parameters like distance, calories, speed and time on clear, bright screen
- Safety Features – Extra-Long Handlebars with proper cushioning for firm grip, risk-free and convenient mounting and dismounting
- Warranty Provision – Exerpeutic TF900 amongst the few budget treadmills that provide manufacturer’s warranty (1 year for frame and 5 years for motor)
- Unique Folding Design with Transport Wheels – Makes it an ideal choice for home-owners with restricted space
Exerpeutic TF900 Treadmill Conclusion
I would say that the Exerpeutic TF900 Walking Electric Treadmill is neither the most feature-rich budget treadmill in the market, nor is it the most durable. But it certainly provides the compactness, simplicity, comfort levels and impact-proofing that seniors or people with mobility issues, back issues, joint pain etc require.
Given the attractive pricing, warranty inclusion and user-friendly attributes, this one is a must-buy for all those who have effective, daily walks listed under their workout objectives!