Ab Rocket Abdominal Trainer Introduction
Looks a lot like a massage chair but the infomercial guys suggest this be a complete ab building machine. The Ab Rocket Abdominal Trainer promises to train your upper, middle and lower abs while stressing the sides too. The promotion of the ab rocket is convincing enough to warrant a purchase. After all, it offers rolling cushions that give a gentle massage while you work out. Weighing just over 10 pounds, the Ab Rocket can fold in half for easy storage.
Ab Rocket is designed for all kinds of users, from beginners who have never worked on their abs before to pros who cannot go a day without stressing those core muscles to the point of exhaustion. It features a total of three resistance levels that help keep your abs toned regardless of your current condition, or so the infomercials suggest.
Fat busting needs dedication and a system, which is why Ab Rocket ships with a system that takes into consideration your diet and Ab Rocket Abdominal Trainer workout regime for a holistic approach. This system even includes cardio workout plus Pilates assister.
- Ab workout device for toning abdominal muscles or strengthening core
- Back and head apparatus comfortably supports you head and neck
- Rolling cushion delivers gentle massage while you work out
Ab Rocket Abdominal Trainer Review
Working on the abdomen takes time, effort and a lot of patience. Above all, you have to be regular if you want any real results. Diet control too plays an important part, and that is what the Ab Rocket stresses from the onset. Watching the infomercials might give you the wrong impression that the Ab Rocket Abdominal Trainer is an all-in-one solution to your six pack woes. However, it needs a dedicated meal plan, some amount of cardio and floor routines for a complete transformation.
The Ab Rocket wasn’t on my list, but while compiling a set of products that I would recommend on my channel, I decided to give the Ab Rocket a try as it was often referenced back in my old gym. While we never had one, some clients ordered a unit and were surprised when it worked the abs sore with just a few minutes of exercise.
At less around $100, the Ab Rocket is not a cheap product, but then again, it isn’t overly expensive either. I got it delivered to my doorstep in two days time, though I was disappointed having to pay for the shipping. A product of this nature and cost should have free shipping.
Opening up the package revealed the entire unit almost entirely assembled. The resistance springs were outside, and they had to be packed into the unit so the back and lower components could join together. That was all the assembly it required, which I managed without any help. On my first try, the chair creaked! Ab rocket does not say anything about oiling, and neither does it provide a lubricant, but you do need to maintain this equipment, oiling it periodically to ensure it does not rust early and retains the fluid range of motion.
I already have a flat tummy so for me, the first two resistance levels were too easy. Naturally, I began with the third and highest resistance level hoping the effects would soon become evident. By my third set and probably my 80th repetition, the abs started tensing up enough to know that they would hurt the next day. I can validate the claims that the Ab Rocket Abdominal Trainer does work wonders on the abs.
My next task was to figure out just how to include this machine into my workouts. First, it just does a single set of an exercise, which is never a good thing if you are trying to build muscle mass and burn fat. Our bodies pick up on muscle memory quick and to keep things new, alternate between the Ab Rocket and floor exercises. If you can, do at least three sets of floor routines and throw in the Ab Rocket somewhere in the middle.
As with any third party, China assembled product, getting replacement parts and components for the Ab Rocket is difficult. DIY is your best bet or if you really like the effects, then a second purchase might even be easier. I personally would prefer a stronger build, something with more weight and better cushioning though this design ought to suffice for the majority of home users.
Ab Rocket Abdominal Trainer Pros
- Comes completely assembled, you only need to add the resistance spring. Directions for assembly are easy to follow.
- The back and neck cushion rollers are comfortable but only if you position your body correctly. Takes a couple of tries.
- The theory is sound, and thus it specifically targets your abdomen muscles.
- Great workout for folks with lower back pain or sciatica even.
- Can be used while watching television or listening to music without much disturbance.
Ab Rocket Abdominal Trainer Cons
- Construction is unreliable and if you are lucky your unit will last over six months of extended use.
- Three resistance levels are not enough for those who avidly work on their bodies.
Ab Rocket Abdominal Trainer Best Features
- Unique Design – The Ab Rocket Abdominal Trainer design is welcoming. Beginners should not feel intimidated with the design thanks to its massage chair like appearance.
- Comfortable Support – The supports for the neck and head region are comfortable and well positioned for most.
- Simple to adjust – If you have a problem with the cushions, you can position yourself a little lower or higher by grabbing onto the side handrails for support. Works for all heights.
- Gentle Massage – The cushions roll instead of staying affixed. You get a gentle massage as you complete your daily workout routine.
- Resistance Built-In – The Ab Rocket offers a total of 3 resistance levels, ideal for more than just beginners.
- Additional Offerings – Ab Rocket is not just concerned about your abs but your overall health. They package an instructional DVD, a meal plan and a Pilates/cardio system too.
- Quick Storage – Folding the abdominal trainer is easy, and in its compacted state it takes half the normal space, can be stored upright and closed away in your bedroom closet too.
Ab Rocket Abdominal Trainer Conclusion
If it were not for the high price tag, I would immediately give this ab trainer a big thumbs up. As it stands, this product targets the abdomen region exclusively and helps stabilize the lower back without hurting your neck and back muscles. For folks who get little or no time exercising, the Ab Rocket will help but not by much.
The key to using this equipment for washboard abs is to alternate with floor routines, stick to a diet plan and use the Ab Rocket on a daily basis. Thankfully, the company sends its product with a food guide, quick starter guide, some Pilates ideas, cardio exercises and an instructional DVD.