Odoland Ab Roller Pro Introduction
Who does not like ripped abs? We all want sculpted arms and ripped abs but putting the work in to get them is where most fall flat on their faces. The Odoland ab roller pro aims at simplifying ab workouts to the extent that anyone can do it. From overweight to underweight, it will not matter what you weigh, rather how determined you are. While I won’t recommend the ab roller as a standalone abs building equipment, it sure does compliment the full range of floor exercises.
The three-wheel design improves balance, and with greater surface area, the strain on your muscles is significantly less unless you apply pressure to them. Besides, for beginners, this ab trainer packs in elastic bands. The bands are designed to aid as you roll back from the extended position. For intermediate users and advanced users, reducing a wheel and eliminating the resistance straps will result in more calories burnt.
This ab roller pro kit comes with three wheels, a resistance band and knee pad. All of the components come separate and require a little assembly, which takes no more than a couple of minutes.
Odoland Ab Roller Pro Review
Rollers are my favorite ab building machines. They are simple, easy to use and above all, easy to learn. As a personal fitness trainer, I often get hired to train folks who have neglected their bodies for too long. Every other exercise is easy until it comes to abs. Lack of regular exercise and training adds fat all over the body, but it hurts your core muscles the most as they lose strength.
Core training is where I feel the Ab Roller Pro from Odoland shines the most. Yes, it is called an ab roller, but in my mind, this is more a core body trainer than just an ab workout machine. The roller targets all abdominal muscles but it also involves the leg, arm and shoulder muscles too. For beginners, the resistance band helps reduce the strain on the back and core muscles, but it continues to exercise rest of the body.
As you get comfortable with the forward and backwards movement, you can remove the resistance band, which immediately increases the difficulty by increasing the weight felt on the core muscles. This is when your actual abs training starts.
To all my clients who purchase the Odoland Ab Roller Pro, I tell them to start with resistance bands and practice floor exercises such as planks, crunches, superman crunches and more. This is because floor exercises selectively target core muscles whereas the Ab Roller Pro works on all muscles in tandem. Hence, my advice to all my readers is not to purchase the Ab Roller just because you want to build a six pack or ripped abdomen. Spread your workout over individual floor exercises and top it off at the end with the Odoland Ab Roller Pro.
What about folks with a flat tummy? Good news, this ab roller is difficult regardless of how fit you are. Remove the middle wheel and the resistance increases two folds! I have a flat belly with a ripped abdomen and find three sets of twenty repetitions difficult with just two wheels. In fact, I believe when you use the ab roller as an intermediate between each floor exercise, it increases the efficiency of each routine.
However, if you are actually serious about your core muscle workout, I would not recommend this ab roller. The Perfect Fitness Ab Carver Pro is a better option. The Odoland Ab Roller Pro does not offer any form of internal resistance, so eventually, you will overcome the natural resistance of rolling. On the other hand, the Perfect Fitness Ab Carver uses an internal spring system to assist in backwards motion while increasing resistance stretching flat out. This will help exert a strong force on your lower and upper abdomen region.
Another gripe I have with the Ab Roller Pro is that it won’t actually target the obliques with any kind of accuracy. The three-wheel design kind of limits how much you can twist while in forward motion. For beginners the side action is sufficient, but for professionals and intermediate users, the arc angles are limiting.
Odoland Ab Roller Pro Pros
- Easy to assemble and compact enough to carry with you at all times.
- The construction inspires confidence in its life.
- Grips are comfortable and rubberized, so you won’t slip.
- Comes with a resistance band for beginners that reduces the effort needed getting back up.
- Simple design is easy to understand and practice.
Odoland Ab Roller Pro Cons
- Too simple for pro users, may not give you the workout burn you desire.
- Sideways movement is limited owing to the three-wheel design.
- Needs oiling on a regular basis to keep the wheels moving smoothly over the center rod.
Odoland Ab Roller Pro Best Features
- Three in One – The Ab Roller Pro kit consists of not one but three different components that are used together to target the core and deep core muscles. However, they can also be used separately for individual exercises and workouts.
- Triple Wheel Design – The three-wheel design keeps the roller stable without stressing your back or other muscle areas. As you get comfortable with the roller, you can reduce to a two-wheel design and increase the difficulty.
- Wheel Treads – The unique wheel treads are designed to accommodate left, right or straight movements for better oblique targeting.
- Knee Anti-Slip Protection – Your height and length of the leg will not pose a problem. This ab roller comes with a large knee protection anti-slip mat that doubles as a small yoga mat.
- Beginner Friendly – Ab rollers look natural, but for beginners, they can be too much to start with. The resistance bands and knee protectors are designed for beginners to help them begin their ab transformation.
- Affordable – The Odoland AB Roller Pro costs less than $20. It targets the entire abdomen region while stretching the back and leg muscles.
Odoland Ab Roller Pro Conclusion
The Odoland Ab Roller Pro costs less than $20. Any fitness equipment costing so little usually does not do much. However, this ab roller is different thanks to its innovative design that incorporates three individual components to achieve a complete core workout. Beginners can use the resistance band together with the roller for simpler exercises whereas pros will love the ability to remove the middle wheel for increased difficulty.
The Ab Roller Pro is a perfect choice for folks who want something extra to target their abdomen muscles. It is not designed as a standalone fitness equipment, and neither should be used as one.