We Recommend The V-MODA Crossfade Wireless For
It isn’t always that you come across an electronic product that satisfies all strata of users. From gamers, musicians, music producers, DJs to audiophiles, V-MODA has built a headset that meets the requirements of one and all. Forget the price of this beauty for once and look at all the amazing features it has to offer. Anything you want in a headset, you will find it in this wireless unit and then some extras that you never even thought about. The V-MODA Crossfade Wireless works with all gaming consoles and for absolute sound quality it can plug in using a 3.5mm jack that then brings in zero latency and the built-in DAC into effect. So, who do we recommend the V-MODA Crossfade Wireless for? Well, everybody!
- Crossfade's award-winning signature sound both in wireless mode via Bluetooth technology and wired mode for pure analog and zero latency essential for gamers and DJs. Connectivity Technology: Wireless; "Sound isolating" will not completely block out sound in the same way that "noise canceling" headphones will
- Built-in hidden microphone specially tuned and optimized for phone calls and voice recognition. With a breathable vegan leather and 3D mesh exterior
- Lithium-ion battery provides up to 12 hours of continuous music, entertainment and calls, recharge it to 100% in 100 minutes thanks to the included elegant V-Micro USB cable; unlimited hours of music in analog wired mode
V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Introduction
V-MODA Crossfade series has collected loads of awards over the years and they don’t specifically manufacture gaming headsets but their creations are designed for versatility without compromising on comfort, design and sound signature. Heads up though, all V-MODA products are more punchy than studio monitors since they are primarily the headphones of choice for DJs and music producers. Nevertheless, the M-MODA Crossfade Wireless is an absolute treat for gamers thanks to the use of cutting edge technology and design. 50mm dual-diaphragm drivers operate in two separate rings that helps pack in the bass without bleeding into the mids, highs and lows. Then there’s the Micro VAMP technology that packs in a mini-DAC into the headphone to process sound signals one last time and remove any static, interference or other disturbance that might have crept in because of wireless transmission.
In our opinion, the V-MODA Crossfade Wireless was an absolute knockout. Full disclosure, we may have ended up spending more time listening to music than playing games with this headset, it really is that great. Timothy, our resident audiophile, went as far as saying that he would get the V-MODA the moment his next paycheck clears!
V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Design
Everything about the V-MODA screams quality and class. The design is out of this world with 3D printed metal and customizable fiber. This headset comes with its own proprietary exoskeleton form fitting case.
As for the construction, it uses a STEELFLEX Headband that is supposedly indestructible. Covering this is a vegan leather cover and together they let you hold on to the adjusted size with ease. The entire unit is made from steel and is tested to meet military quality level MIL-STD-810G. Even the plug and cable are tested to ensure they can withstand over 1 million 45-degree bends. Wait, there’s more. The complete headset and all its accessories or attachments are tested against low temperature, high temperature, salt spray, UV exposure and humidity. In short, there’s no way the V-MODA Crossfade Wireless is going to fail you as far as durability and accidents go. Wonder, if they tried running a truck over it?
V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Specifications
You truly get what you pay for with the V-MODA Crossfade Wireless. For starters, this headset isn’t just wireless but also capable of working with a 3.5mm cable. In other words, it is compatible with all gaming consoles, music players, DJ Stations, smartphones and anything else that can stream some kind of music or sound. To enter the wired state, you simply plug in the cable. This turns off all electronics and the battery, instantly converting the wireless headset into a zero latency headphone.
Speaking of zero latency and gaming, yes the V-MODA Crossfade can work with a mic, specifically the BoomPro Mic which retails for less than $30. We suggest getting the two together if you do a lot of multiplayer gaming. The good thing about the V-MODA Crossfade Wireless though is that when you are not gaming you can simply detach the mic and it works great as a audiophile headphone out in the gym or at your local grocery store. Besides, in the wireless mode it offers 12 hours of playback and can provide 3 hours of wireless music with just 30 minutes of quick charge. As for the wireless distance, it will not lose connection up to 33 feet or 10 meters., while multitasking and staying connected with two devices at once.
Finally, we just have to again mention the Micro VAMP technology that packs in a tiny AMP/DAC into the headset for one final processing. This together with the Zero latency of the headphones helps produce remarkable sound from even the foggiest of recordings.
V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Performance and Feel
Audiophiles and gamers unite because V-MODA has built itself a niche and plans to flourish in it for eternity. The Crossfade Wireless is a very unique offering from V-MODA because it packs in both wireless and wired playback ability. For a gamer, this means you needn’t get that XBOX 3.5mm adapter for your controller. With gaming consoles simply connect using Bluetooth. Those mostly into PC gaming will relish the fact that it offers wired connection, with zero latency. Unfortunately, zero latency is only possible in the wired mode but there isn’t that much difference in sound quality between the wireless and wired mode. Yes, the bass loses a little punch and some signals or frequencies do muddle up a tad bit but it is nothing to ponder over.
Two things that we absolutely loved were the design and the feel. For those who have a custom built radical gaming PC with all those flashy LEDs and water coolers setup, the V-MODA fits right in with the futuristic edges and cuts. And for those who place comfort above all else, these cans are super comfortable. The best news though is that the pads are replaceable and the replacements don’t cost much either. Oh, the only minor gripe with the Crossfade Wireless is that they don’t ship with the BoomPro mic that slots right into the headset. This is an absolute must for gamers and we can’t understand why they could not increase the price by another $30 and include the mic as a complete bundle.
Let’s get to the gaming experience now. First off, the drivers on these are so accurate that you can literally pinpoint the source of a noise in a game. It is frightening with games like Aliens Isolation. Boy, we truly got immersed in that game and having played it a lot of times in the past, this time around with the V-MODA Crossfade, it was a whole new experience. The mic has no interference and it performs way better than any we have tried thus far. Overall, from a gaming standpoint, this is the wireless headset to get for all the versatility it packs in.
V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Pros
- Can operate as a wireless and wired headset, which is great as it works with all kinds of devices and not just gaming devices.
- Audiophile level sound quality with zero latency is great for music production, watching movies, playing games and just about anything you can think of.
- Full charge lasts for a good 12 hours but if you are in a hurry then 30 minutes of quick charging can give it juice for 3 hours flat.
- Great overall package and design with military grade materials, an awesome case and detachable sides. Some say that this headphone from V-MODA can withstand any kind of accident.
- The design is comfortable for elongated use and its lightweight nature makes it easy for longer hours of gaming.
V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Cons
- The cans can get a little warm and you may even feel the warmth around your ears because of the lighter and thinner padding. This only happens in the wireless mode and after continuous use for over two hours.
- The BoomPro mic should have come as part of the package rather than as a separate add-on.
- Super expensive, if that can be called a negative – not everyone will be willing to part ways with around $300 when a decent processor costs that much!
V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Conclusion
Is the V-MODA Crossfade Wireless all that we hoped for? Yes, and then some. We bought it to find out whether it would be a gamer’s kryptonite. Turns out, this baby is loved by one and all. From audiophiles singing praises to gamers drooling over it, everyone wants to know when V-MODA has a discount on the Crossfade Wireless. Bad news though, this headset is so popular that they have a hard time keeping it in stock, so no discounts unfortunately. We advise getting a decent gaming headset but saving your money so you can buy a Crossfade Wireless in this year’s Black Friday or Thanksgiving sale.