Proform Pro 2000 Treadmill Introduction
I call the Proform Pro 2000 treadmill a global commercial treadmill. This fitness equipment makes fitness fun and exciting. It challenges you on so many levels, keeps you motivated and helps you achieve your weight loss or fitness goals. Over delivering on its promise, the treadmill controls incline, speed and a lot more things to mimic real world conditions, leaving you free to concentrate on getting through each day’s workout routine.
This treadmill packs in a wireless heart rate strap that syncs with the treadmill to provide real time heart rate and uses it to configure or change current workout profile. This together with the ability to increase inclination by 15 percent or decrease by 3 percent makes it a lethal fitness equipment aimed at killing fat cells down to the last one remaining.
By the way, it goes up to a maximum of 12 mph just in case you like running as much as jogging. Couple this with the ability to sync with iFit or Google maps and you have the opportunity to mimic the best trekking terrains from around the world. If you simply want to stick with preconfigured programs, then there are around 30 plus such apps to choose from its expansive central console. Besides, the Proform Pro 2000 remembers your last workout and keeps track for up to 60 days!
- 3.5 CHP Mach Z Commercial Pro Motor, 7" Oversized Backlit Display, iFit Compatible, Compatible Music Port for iPod
- 12 MPH QuickSpeed Control, -3% Quick Decline Control, 15% Quick Incline Control, 32 Workout Apps, 20" x 60" 1-Ply Commercial Tread Belt
- ProShox Cushioning, SpaceSaver Design with EasyLift Assist, 2.5" Precision Machined and Balanced Non-Flex Rear Roller, CoolAire Workout Fan
Proform Pro 2000 Treadmill Review
Every treadmill has its issues. This is nothing new. Since, all treadmills are nowadays almost pre-assembled or at least compartmentalized, they come in big boxes. Naturally, expect some minor damage in shipping. The good thing about the Proform Pro 2000 is that it has excellent packaging and the entire frame is stainless steel. While this increases the overall weight, it helps keep shipping damage down to a minimum.
My client said he received his Proform Pro 2000 almost fully assembled with just a couple of covers and the console needing assembly. That’s great news for folks who aren’t big on DIY. As for straight-out-of-the-box performance, I am left speechless. Yes! Finally, Proform has managed to do a complete U-turn in terms of customer care compared to my last experience. This console had minor issues in the speed and average distance readings. I thought it was an improper console factory setting and could not find out how to reset it. Customer care solved the issue for me in a matter of minutes.
Let’s now talk of the construction because that’s where the Proform Pro 2000 treadmill does an amazing job. It weighs a ton naturally because of its stainless steel frame but there’s the 2-ply deck and cushioning system that accounts for a lot of weight too. Then there’s the motor and the large console on top. Basically, you can’t port the treadmill around and it has to sit where you install it, for the rest of its useful life.
Another piece of information you may not find on Amazon or anywhere else is the deck size. It is actually 22 inches long and not 20 inches as Amazon advertises. Yes, 22 inches qualifies as commercial grade and that’s why I put it under the commercial treadmill bracket. Then there’s the price tag of over thousand dollars too!
The console has a great variety of programs to choose from. Some are easy while others push you to the brink of exhaustion. That’s because it mimics terrain changes and doesn’t just increase inclination but also drops it. The maximum drop is 3 degrees and that’s as good as going downhill in a town or city. I love the automated workout programs especially with the declination options.
Wireless heart rate monitor is the most accurate I have yet come across any treadmill. And because it takes live readings, you are always synced with the treadmill and your workout program naturally changes based on the readings (only in some programs). Thus far, the Proform Pro 2000 has managed to astound me with its workout options.
One small gripe I have with this treadmill is the console and the way it reads out data. I felt it could have been arranged better but that’s just me. As for my client, he says his daily run duration has increased ever since he received his Pro 2000. I think it is a placebo effect though.
One thing is for sure, if you want a long lasting fitness center grade equipment then the Proform Pro 2000 treadmill is what you should get. No need for the expensive 2500 or 4500 models either because they are just minor improvements in terms of console and iFit compatibility. If you need iFit later on, you can always buy the add-on module for the Pro 2000. Otherwise, you get the same performance on the Pro 2000 for much less cost. By the way, this machine can take 350 pound easy.
Proform Pro 2000 Treadmill Pros
- Sturdy industrial grade construction.
- Ample workout options with automated terrain changes.
- Inclines up to 15 degrees and declines to 3 degrees.
- Goes up to 12 mph with quick selection buttons that let you choose decimal values too.
- Wide 22 inch running 2-ply deck.
Proform Pro 2000 Treadmill Cons
- Very heavy and bulky, will need a permanent large space for it.
- Expensive but well worth it.
Proform Pro 2000 Treadmill Best Features
- Perfect Sync – The Google Maps or iFit mapping ability allows you to experience varied terrain while following actual world routes in your bedroom. Pre-programmed tours of Asia or through the winding streets of Europe should be sufficient to motivate you further. iFit compatibility can only be used with an extra module purchase.
- Excellent Engineering – The Pro 2000 series might have the strongest motor (Mach Z Commercial grade motor) around and the widest deck, but it is the level of engineering that delivers a silent but powerful machine for lifetime use.
- Space Saver Design – While the Proform Pro 2000 is a commercial treadmill, it still comes with Space Saving designs such as a folding treadmill that is easy to fold and unfold. Great for home users.
- Longevity – With lifetime warranty on motor and frame, the solid steel frame offers sufficient faith. You will not experience any sort of jiggling, wiggling or shaking.
- ProShox – The deck cushioning system is called ProShox and it keeps your joint impacts down regardless of the workout you do.
- Choice Of Fitness Centers – The Proform Pro 2000 was what we had in our fitness center when I joined there couple of years ago. They lasted a good five years until recently when we decided to change them out. We sold them off at cut rate prices because they still had a good decade of life left!
Proform Pro 2000 Treadmill Conclusion
The Proform Pro 2000 treadmill costs a lot of money but thankfully, it justifies such a price tag. Industrial grade construction, ample workout options and a splendid deck are all the reasons one needs to invest into this treadmill.
I never once felt uncomfortable on this treadmill. With the wireless heart rate monitor, my workouts were automatically adjusted unless you were on the interval or intensity programs that disregard the heart rate readings. Basically, it does all the calculations for you and can even set monthly or bi-monthly goals for you.
Great treadmill especially if you are serious about development and fitness. My advice, save your money and spend on the Proform Pro 2000 instead of any cheap home treadmill, but only if you have the space to keep it.