Warning: Illegal string offset 'id' in /srv/users/jonas/apps/armchairempire/public/wp-content/plugins/wp-review-pro/includes/functions.php on line 184
Warning: Cannot assign an empty string to a string offset in /srv/users/jonas/apps/armchairempire/public/wp-content/plugins/wp-review-pro/includes/functions.php on line 184
Warning: Illegal string offset 'id' in /srv/users/jonas/apps/armchairempire/public/wp-content/plugins/wp-review-pro/includes/functions.php on line 189
Sunny Fitness & Health SF-T4400 Treadmill Introduction
Quite often our judgement of what’s good and what’s not is heavily influenced by the price of a product. The Sunny fitness & health SF-T4400 is moderately priced and as such had low expectations from me.
Having recently purchased the Confidence motorized electric treadmill for a slightly lower price, I had learnt to expect very little from sub $300 treadmills. However, the SF-T4400 managed to impress me with its range of features and options.
For starters, I find the T4400 at par with its elder and more expensive sibling the SF-T7603. Both can accommodate 220 pounds easy and have the same soft drop feature that prevents the deck from hitting the floor with a loud thud. Both have manual three level inclines and come almost preassembled.
In other words, it is hard differentiating one from the other and yet, the two have a stark price difference of around $130. My sole motive getting this treadmill was to figure out the differences between the two models and whether this one was just as adept as the last Sunny treadmill I reviewed for a client.
Warning: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /srv/users/jonas/apps/armchairempire/public/wp-content/plugins/aawp/includes/aawp/product-helper-functions.php on line 56
- 2.20 peak HP drive system provides speeds of 0.5 - 9 MPH along with 3 manual options for adjusting incline levels (0%, 2%, 4.37%)
- Designed for a max user weight of 220 lbs with 48.8L x 15.75W inches of running surface
- Easy folding mechanism and soft drop system helps you unfold your treadmill safely and hands free; Less impact force on your legs and joints, treadmill cushioning allows you to work out longer with less fatigue versus running outside on hard asphalt.
Sunny Fitness & Health SF-T4400 Treadmill Review
Sunny fitness & health folks sure know how to package and ship their products. Don’t get fooled by the reviews you read online pointing at the poor packaging of the treadmill. Both my Sunny treadmills have arrived in mint condition with only a few bumps and bruises on the outside packaging.
After you remove the treadmill, which is no easy feat as it takes two to get the almost preassembled unit out from its steep sided cardboard box with packing inside, you need to fix the ten bolts and lock washers it comes with. Then you have to lubricate deck prior to first run. Good thing is Sunny health & fitness packs a bottle of nylon lubricating oil with the treadmill. To do this just loosen the deck so your hands can get underneath it and reach the metal rollers. Spread the lubricate evenly over all the rollers and you are good to go.
Starting the treadmill up, the console did give a few errors and warnings. For a moment I thought the console was dead but a quick cold restart fixed whatever factory programming issues it had. By the way, the manual states how you can reset the console if it ever gives you unexpected warnings and errors. Speaking of warnings, heed the oil change warning which comes on every 190 miles. This is to remind you that the deck needs lubrication.
I felt the Sunny fitness & health SF-T4400 was narrower than the T7603 but isn’t constricting to run on. And yes, you can run on this inexpensive treadmill without worrying about damaging the deck or rollers. It has a slight cushion on the deck and with accurate speed controls should last a long time even if you intend to run most of the time.
Probably, the USP of all sunny treadmills is the soft drop feature. I loved it in the previous treadmill and I love it now as well. This treadmill drops like a feather on a pillow. It crashes to a halt after dropping about half the distance and then slowly speeds up till it reaches the ground. With any other treadmill you would have to be mindful when unfolding it so you don’t scrap the flooring or the bottom. With this treadmill, just release the deck and let it gradually slide down into place!
One problem area with the SF-T4400 is the inclination settings. The controls for incline are at the rear end of the deck and to change it you have to bend way down. Would have been nice to have some sort of lever or handle a little farther up near the console maybe.
Speaking of the console, there are total of 9 profile options available, each with a slight twist. I personally love the weight loss and HIIT training regimes of the treadmill. If you need a whole day’s work out without spending more than ten minutes on the treadmill, try the HIIT profile.
Sunny Fitness & Health SF-T4400 Treadmill Pros
- Soft drop deck slides to a gradual halt.
- Deck is slightly cushioned for better grip and feel.
- 9 useful user profiles and routines to keep everyone happy.
- Comes almost pre-assembled along with lubricating oil and complete toolkit.
Sunny Fitness & Health SF-T4400 Treadmill Cons
- Would have been nice if the maximum weight wasn’t set to 220 pounds.
- The pulse monitors on the handles are useless as you won’t be holding them.
- Three incline levels that can be changed at the lower back side of the deck.
Sunny Fitness & Health SF-T4400 Treadmill Best Features
- Quick Release Deck – if you thought the soft drop feature was all there is to this treadmill then think again. A single knob is all it takes to latch the treadmill deck in place and release it so it begins its graduated fall to the ground.
- Loads Of Profiles – You have the option to cycle through total of 9 profiles including a manual profile where you get to set the time, distance, pace of the treadmill. I like the weight loss regime the best.
- Assembly Not Necessary – DO NOT PAY FOR ASSEMBLY. Just get a friend, family member or neighbor to help take out the treadmill. Then there are just ten bolts to put on and the deck to lubricate.
- Complete Package – Comes with lubrication oil and the required set of tools to assemble and maintain the treadmill over time. This includes the Allen screw for deck and belt maintenance too.
- Detailed Manual – Everything you will ever need from the first till the last day with this treadmill is explained and illustrated in the instruction manual.
- Affordable – The Sunny Fitness & Health Sf-T4400 treadmill isn’t just ergonomic and well planned but also super affordable. The things you get with this treadmill should never come for less than $300 and yet it does.
Sunny Fitness & Health SF-T4400 Treadmill Conclusion
A treadmill that can give you a strenuous workout and a languished laidback stroll when you want one. The Sunny Fitness & Health SF T4400 treadmill isn’t just an affordable machine but a well-engineered unit. Ergonomic features are clearly evident but what’s more to my liking is the magnitude of user settings and configurations it boasts. Handles that can move a bit, manual profiles and inclination options all make it a treadmill worth buying.
The SF-T7603 was my previous favorite but for this price, the T4400 has just become my new favorite. I am beginning to lose my predisposition towards big name brands thanks to Sunny Health & Fitness. One thing is for sure though, you won’t regret buying this treadmill especially if you intend to work out regularly.